11 Pertinence Of LeadershipNovember 15, 2023
A Leader should have the intelligence to maintain amiable interpersonal relationships with their followers’ students or peers and motivate them to assist them in executing the institutional or organizational aspirations. Therefore, our main ambition should be cultivating educational programs that promote consultancy and a friendly learning environment through the empowerment of better leadership in and around our institutions and organizations.
Therefore, for you to lead successfully you should be a reader, to meet or even go above the presuppositions of those around you, since a leader knows the way, shows the way and goes the way. As a leader for you to succeed, you must have your tools of trade and they may include; the institution or organization’s routines, core values, rules and regulations. Furthermore, you should get interested in the well-being of the institution or organization.
On the same note, you must at all times put in prayer the entire institution or organization in the hands of God for anything that is found through prayers takes more prayers to be vindicated, in other words, leaders are chosen by God. Leaders and their leadership competencies play a vital role in the growth of any institution or organization. Leadership refers to the process of instigating the behaviors of people for instance students or peers in a way that they strive deliberately and enthusiastically towards the accomplishment of cluster ambitions in most contexts.
Below are some definitions and some pertinent of leadership which if you put them into consideration will be of beyond assistance and impact to you as a leader.
A Leader refers to someone who can see how things can be ameliorated and thereby, rallies or inspires people followers or students to move towards the betterment of the institutional or organizational vision galvanized by dedication. A Servant Leader refers to someone who is focused on assisting an organization or institution to thrive thus putting the requisites of their fellows first.
Leadership refers to the proficiency of an individual to instigate and steer his or her followers or other members of an organization or institution positively towards executing a positive aim or aspiration. Servant Leadership is a leadership doctrine in which an individual interrelates with others intending to achieve authority rather than powers for him or herself.
Therefore, Servant leadership is enlightened and portrayed by the following;
- Affirm to people that you are leading by deeds. When in leadership, it is not all about expendable privileges but an increment of responsibilities thus it must be identical in you by action. Are you at your level in a position to do what you want your subjects’ students or even peers to do? In other words, in many quarters I would say, “Actions speak louder than words.”
- Acknowledge those in authority at all times. When in leadership that is, as a virtuous leader once you are on good terms, create that beneficial positive relationship and an authentic rapport with those in authority by following their decrees willingly. It will give you an easy time when you are in your line of duties thereby, remodelling your performance intelligence as a leader.
- Sway the behaviour of others positively. Leadership is the intelligence of an individual to induce the behaviours of other people or students in the institution or organization to achieve a common purpose or goal so that they are willing to conspire with each other for the fulfilment of the visions and mission of the institution or organization.
- Inter-personal process. Leadership is an interpersonal process between the leader and the people or students. The relationship between the leader and the students will assist you in resolving how efficiently and effectively the targets; in other words, in many quarters I would advance it as aspirations of the institution or organization would be met proportionally.
- Attainment of common institutional goals. The purpose of leadership is to steer people for instance the students in an institution or members of any organization to trade towards the attainment of common institutional or organizational goals. You should bring people for instance the students or peers and their achievements together to execute common goals.
- A cluster process. Leadership is a cluster process that involves two or more people for instance students coming together and merging. A student leader cannot lead without the students or people therefore, the process is interdependent to the other.
- Cohorts on the circumstance. Leadership is contingency-bound as it all depends upon tackling the situations present. Thus, there is no lone perfect style of leadership, it all depends on the contemporary status and conditions to be handled.
- Ensure that the students or people have the intelligence of reasoning. When in leadership, try by all means possible, technical skills and qualities to ensure that those you are leading are in stature to be able to apprehend together by all means and come up with a positive and peaceful agreement and can speak one voice. In other words, in many quarters I would echo it as “Unity is power.”
- Ascertain that leadership is a perpetual process. A leader has to steer his people every time and also monitor them to make sure that their efforts are going in the same direction and that they are not deviating from their goals.
- Discover that leadership is instigated through character. Character plays an important role that is; ask yourself these simple questions, as a leader is your character amiable to those you are leading? Can you serve as an example to those you are leading? If No. Therefore, emulate admirable characters and behaviours. In most instances, people love good things and they will develop interest and be self-motivated towards such actions. Furthermore, if you are a leader who is of good character and charismatic, they will respect you together with your ways of operations. In other words, in many quarters I would quote it as, “Respect is earned not given.”
- Leadership creates an innovation that is; grim controversies are argued and unrevealed. It is by facts without premonitions that the developments, achievements, success or failure of an institution or organization are in the grips of its leaders. I am certain that the institution or organization will never go or develop beyond the motto, vision and mission of its leaders as a result your subjects or those whom you are leading look upon you in terms of decision-making and rivalry resolution.
Therefore, Leadership is all about being:
- Aggressive but not ignorant. When you are strong as a leader they will dignify your decisions but when you are rude; they will not take ownership of your decisions on numerous occasions.
- Humane but not cowardly. When you are tolerant as a leader, they will emulate and admire you but when you are weak; they will presuppose and take you for granted by all means possible.
- Audacious but not an oppressor. When you are bold and courageous as a leader they will deliberately lend a hand to you until you succeed but when you are an oppressor; they will find ways by all means to bring you down and ensure your deterioration comes to pass.
- Cautious but not slothful. When you are thoughtful as a leader those you are leading will relinquish to ensure you achieve the ambitions of the institution or organization but when you are indolent; none of them will be willing to link with you, In other words, in many quarters I would term it as, “Negligence is a sophistication of the passive mind.”
- Gentle but not hesitant. When you are humble as a leader they will be willing to work with you under that; they will feel safe and secure around you but when you are timid, they will be eluding from you every time you try to engage them.
- Confident but not insolent. When you are positively proud and always envision positively about yourself they will rely on you but when you are arrogant; and never listen to other’s opinions and sentiments they will run and avoid you in numerous incidents.